Continuing on the Sabbath Rest & Business theme I read another pretty fantastic post entitled How to Guard Sabbath For Your Children. You can read the entire post and you should at that link, but I wanted to share with you the list of questions to ask when evaluating which activities we pursue for our children to be involved in.
- Does it sabotage weekend downtime or worship?
- Does it sabotage family dinners?
- Does it sabotage bedtime?
- Does it pull our family apart or push us together?
- Is it an activity my child can enjoy/benefit from into adulthood?
- Can we afford it?
Hope this gives you some parenting wisdom as you consider what activities/sports to include your children in.